HAT Altitude Team
Who are we
Do you want to be a part of a team that works hard and has fun?
If so, click on the HAT HOUSE APPLICATION PACKET (listed below) to learn more about what you get for your money with our coaching and ambassador packages. Here is some helpful insight however to see if you’re a great fit for our coaching services and team:
HAT Athletes are like-mined in the fact that they:
COACHINGLove accountability from their coach. If you get coached from HAT HOUSE, you will be expected to see your coach frequently and also will do workouts with your coach present or doing the workout along side you. This frequent face-to-face interaction is where HAT HOUSE Coaching is different from other coaching programs and allows the coach to really KNOW their athletes personally. We believe that coaching is as much an art as it is a science of programming workouts, and unless we REALLY know and start to understand how our athletes “tick”, giving generic workouts on a Training Peaks program will not fully develop the athletes depending on their personal strengths/weaknesses/mental attitude towards training.
NO JUDGEMENTLove working out in a group atmosphere. We do NOT criticize and we do NOT judge. We help each other improve and use the platform of team workouts to do just that. We have indoor spin classes/running sessions/strength sessions where we work HARD together, and then when the session is over, are social and have FUN together. We encourage each other, and we suffer together and then brag about our hard work after it’s over as a team. We find that this format encourages you to work harder and push through mental barriers better than if you were at home training by yourself.
ALL THINGS GOODWe promote all things GOOD about being a positive member of our endurance community. Basically stating, we are GOOD people who help promote the positive side of endurance sports.
Reasons we would NOT consider you for our HAT Altitude Team:
- If you’re a “negative Nancy”, then this coaching platform is not for you.
- If you wouldn’t stop on the side of the road to help someone on a bike ride who has gotten a flat or needs help because you don’t want to “screw up your Strava segment”, then this coaching platform and team is not for you.
- If you’re always blaming your lack of performance on other people or outside factors, then this coaching program won’t suit your needs.
- If you’re never happy because your face is ALWAYS buried in your Garmin or Training Peaks account trying to analyze the CRAP out of your data, then his probably isn’t your cup of tea either (we do use data to coach, however are also strong believers in old school “feel” and don’t forget the enjoyment of the sport!)
- If you got beat at the finish by your long-time competitor and wouldn’t go over to offer your congrats because you’re too busy pouting, then don’t even consider us as your next coaching resource.
- If you want to be a better athlete but really don’t feel like putting the effort (and willingness to hurt from time to time) in order to see improvement, then this coaching platform isn’t for you.